Our work on the Eastern Balancing Reservoir at Heathrow is complete. The project included drainage, road formation and a concrete delivery bay for client Morgan Sindall. We think it showcases our broad range of skills, expertise and operational efficiency in Civils works perfectly.
In a bit more detail, the project comprised:
- Additional manholes and concrete stormwater drainage pipework and associated civils
- Push-fit ductile iron drainage pipework and pressurised all-flanged ductile iron pipework with and associated civils
- UKPN transformer base, Stakkabox access pit, interconnecting electrical ducting and associated civils
- Concrete delivery bay, with formed speed hump, acodrain and bollard installation
- Access Road with clay pipework, kerbing, gulleys, penstock, road formation and asphalt surfacing works
As is often the way with projects of this scale, it wasn’t all plain sailing. The RK Air team managed a very challenging programme that required us to accelerate the works. that meant shift working and working weekends. No problem for our committed operatives.
Despite the extra pressure, RK Air’s works were completed to an impeccable standard, winning awards, nominations and plaudits from our client at several stages.
It’s no exaggeration to say that every member of the team contributed to make this complex, multi-phase project a success.